We couldn’t ask for a better long holiday weekend! The weather is looking spot on this Labor Day weekend, so when you’re not grilling in the backyard or savoring the last summer weekend at the beach, be sure to check out what’s going on throughout the community. There’s always fun to be had!
Wednesday, September 2nd
- Wednesday night is all about Trivia Night at Moxie in Madison! Happening under the big tent at 7:30pm with registration beginning at 7:00pm. First come, first seated at this touchless event. Come on out for food & drink specials, prizes, and fun!
Thursday, September 3rd
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
- Peter Holmgren is playing at Shanks in Clinton from 2-5pm on the upper deck. Don’t forget that Shanks in BYOB!!!
Friday, September 4th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Town Green from 3-6pm. Traditional retail is now allowed and select vendors continue to offer pre-order. Head to the market webpage to see this week’s list of vendors.
- First Fridays are back in Chester! From 5-9pm there will be music on the street and your favorite shops will be open with longer hours.
Saturday, September 5th
- The Dudley Farm Market in Guilford is open every Saturday from 9am-12:30pm. Follow along on Facebook for update on vendors.
- Life Full Yoga in Madison is hosting 2 sessions of outdoor yoga. 8:30-9:00 Sun Salutations and 9:15-10:15 Gentle Yoga.. Come for one or both of these donation classes.
- End of Summer Hawaiian Luau at Shanks in Clinton is going down from 6-10pm with live music by Jim Paradis from 6-8pm. Pre-registration is required in order to enjoy Hawaiian & Mainland menu options, Hula & Fire Dancers, Live Music, and more! Call (860)-669-4224 to reserve you spot. A credit card is required to hold your reservation. Hula on over to Shanks for some tropical fun!
Sunday, September 6th
- The Chester Sunday Market is running from 10am-2pm and they’ve officially made the return to Main St.!
- Enjoy Brunch By the Beach hosted by the Madison Beach Hotel from 10am-2pm. Check out the new plated menu here!
- T.H.E. Snickering Coyote, Craft BBQ will be at Gouveia in Wallingford from 11am-6pm. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of wine and BBQ!
- Lobster Tails will be at Rosabianca Vineyards in Northford from 12-5pm. Check out all of their lobster creations and find which wine pairs best!