Friday, September 2nd
- Freeplay at Salt Meadow Park in Madison beginning at 5pm. Bring your balanket and your picnic for an evening of good tunes!
- Suds & Stalks Beer Tasting in the Corn Maze at Lyman Orchards from 5:30-7:00pm. Sample suds among the stalks inside their massive 4-acre corn maze masterfully carved into a design featuring Ben Franklin’s likeness, lightning bolt, kite and key, along with the hashtag #AllAmerican. A different set of breweries will be featured each week. First up: Two Roads Brewing Company, Still Hill Brewery & Tap Room Stubborn, Stubborn Beauty Brewing Company, Lyman Orchards 1741 Hard Apple Cider. Ticket includes six 4 oz. beer samples and corn maze ticket, 21 and over event (please bring photo ID – we ID everyone). Adult only event. Tickets: $35
Saturday, September 3rd
- Corn Maze Festival at Lyman Orchards from 9am-3pm. As part of the Opening Ceremony on September 3rd, the first 50 visitors who successfully make it out of the maze will receive an official Lyman Orchards Kite & Skeleton Key! As an added attraction, Lyman Orchards also announces its “Corn Balls in the Corn Maze” promotion, commemorating the Apple Barrel Farm Market 50th Anniversary celebration. Each day, a designated number of corn balls–bright yellow golf balls from the Lyman Orchards Golf Driving range located just across the road, will be hidden in the corn maze. Find all the info on their event page!
- Ruby’s Plant Sale at the United Methodist Curch of Branford from 9am-3pm. Get ready for fall planting with a great selection of perennials and shrubs. All propagated by member Ruby L. Pricing: $6 to $30.
- Mums & Music Summer Cap Celebration at North Guilford Nurseries Farmstand from 10am-6pm. Live music 2-5pm!! Performances from Power Volume, T!LT, The Krauzers Band, Bobs Blues Band, Darwin & The Evolution. Lots of Fall Flowers and Arts & Crafts from local artist. Feel free to bring a picnic baskets and enjoy the afternoon.
Sunday, September 4th
- The Endless Summer Party at the Madison Beach Hotel from 3-6pm. Food & beverage available for sale, Beach Bar will be open, Caribbean Cookout, live acoustic music from 3-4pm, Caribbean Vibe Steel Drum Band from 4-6pm. No cover.
One Response to “Shoreline Social Report: September 2 – September 4”
Hi Cindy, Your weekly blogs are full of great local information. We have all enjoyed a hot summer on the shoreline, with little rain and no major storms. My comment to your clients is to make sure they are prepared for potential storms this fall. Reach out to a local tree service company now and review with them if you have any potentially dangerous trees on your property. It is quicker and easier to deal with them now them after a major storm. Keep up the good work! Best, Bob