We’ve got another beautiful weekend ahead of us! The temps will be in the high 60’s and the sun will be shining. It’s the perfect set-up for a weekend apple picking adventure, a trip to one of the many farmer’s markets, or an evening out on the patio taking in some live music. Enjoy these perfect weather weekends while we’ve got them!
Thursday, September 17th
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
- Every Kid Can Cook is hosting a FREE online monthly cooking class. Yum! During this monthly cooking class, your child(ren) will learn how to cook healthy recipes independently, learn fun nutrition facts and re-make their favorite recipes a little healthier. This month’s recipe is Apple Turkey Meatballs. Spaces are limited, so be sure to register in advance. Class begins at 3pm.
Friday, September 18th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Town Green from 3-6pm. Traditional retail is now allowed and select vendors continue to offer pre-order. Head to the market webpage to see this week’s list of vendors.
- Sunset Paddle, Craft-Brew Sampling Series hosted by Black Hall Outfitters. First-come, first-serve limited tasting event with 30 Mile Brewing of Old Saybrook, CT. The first 24 to arrive will paddle and sip from 6-9pm.
- Live Music at Rose Vineyards and Winery in North Branford from 4:30-7:30pm.
Saturday, September 19th
- The Dudley Farm Market in Guilford is open every Saturday from 9am-12:30pm. Follow along on Facebook for update on vendors.
- The Audubon Shop in Madison is hosting a Fall Bird Walk at Hammonasset Beach State Park from 8-10:30am. Pre-registration is required and a fee of $6 payable in advance. Call 203-245-9056 to reserve your spot and be sure to visit the event page for more details on arrival procedures.
- Vintage, Antique Repurposed Goods & Craft Show hosted by the Madison Chamber of Commerce on the Town Green from 9am-4pm. Entry is $5; Pre-purchase for $4.50 here: https://tinyurl.com/y5npbb9s.
- Drive-in Movie Night at Bear’s Smokehouse in New Haven. $40/car reserves your parking space for a showing of Black Panther that is slated to begin at 8:30pm.
- Chester Dog Fair at the Chester Fairgrounds from 9:30am – 4:30pm. Live music, food trucks, micochipping event, doggie Olympics and more!
Sunday, September 20th
- The Chester Sunday Market is running from 10am-2pm and they’ve officially made the return to Main St.!
- Enjoy Brunch By the Beach hosted by the Madison Beach Hotel from 10am-2pm. Check out the new plated menu here!
- Shuck It Sunday at Chapter One Food & Drink in Guilford from 2-5pm. Enjoy ALL-You-Can-Eat Raw Bar (Oysters, Clams, Peel & Eat Shrimp) for $35!
- Learn to Crochet – Scarf or Gloves event at Madison Wool from 4-6pm. Reserve your spot in advance!
- 70’sFM acoustic is playing on the patio at Scotch Plains Tavern in Essex at 3pm.