Friday, October 15th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is on the Green every Friday from 3-6pm! Check out their website for a full list of participating vendors.
- Kids Only Movie Night Pizza Party at Fired Up! in Branford from 6-8pm. Open to children age 4 and up. $30 per child includes 1 piece of pottery from our “kids shelf,” cheese pizza, juice or water, and a big kid friendly movie. Please make your reservation before 5pm the day of the pizza party.
- Thimble Oktoberfest at Thimble Island Brewing in Branford is happening all weekend! Live music, great beer and a special Oktoberfest menu available for the weekend only. Check out their Facebook event page for the music lineup!
Saturday, October 16th
- Tree Identification Walk at Rettich Preserve in Madison at 9am. Be prepared for walking in fields and meadows, and along a woodland trail. Please bring a mask just to have on hand, and be respectful of social distancing. Meet by the parking area at 274 River Road in Madison. Visit https://madisonlandtrust.org/ for more information.
- Bauer Park Harvest Festival in Madison from 11am – 3pm. A free, old-fashioned country fair at Madison’s Historic Farm Bauer Park. Located at the intersection of Copse Road and Hunter’s Trail. Hay and Pony Rides, Children’s Crafts, Apple Tasting, Pumpkin Painting, Hay Maze, Live Music, Food Tent, Scarecrow Making, Cider Press, Exhibitors, and more!
- Paint the Pumpkin Pink at Lyman Orchards from 11am – 3pm. Paint, glitter, and bejewel your pumpkin for a great cause! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Have a great time painting a pumpkin while supporting a worthy cause! You pick out the pumpkin, they provide all the paints, glitter, and special decorating materials you can use! $10 Sugar pumpkins and $20 Large pumpkins. Located at the Apple Barrel Tent; proceeds will benefit the Middlesex Comprehensive Breast Center.
- MadPride Fest in Madison on the Town Green from 12-5pm. In its 2nd year, the festival will have performers, food, and various vendors!
- Little Kids Only Pizza Party at Fired Up! in Branford from 5-7pm. $30 per child includes 1 piece of pottery from our “kidsshelf”, cheese pizza, juice or water, fall or Halloween crafts and a little kid friendly movie (rated G). Please make your reservation before 4pm the day of the party.
- Pride Fest After Party at Moxie in Madison beginning at 5pm. Celebrate with your favorite Drag Queens & DJ! Food & Drink specials all night. **Reservations required** Book with Open Table or Call: 203-421-6963
Sunday, October 17th
- Chester Sunday Market from 10am – 1pm to buy some amazing fresh produce, breads, cheeses, jams and honey. Meats, eggs and more. Enjoy the downtown shops and restaurants as well as the local brewery. Live music is back!
- Fall Back, Spring Ahead Art & Craft Fair hosted by the Chester Hose Company from 10am – 3pm. Each item is handcrafted by our local artists. You are sure to find something for anyone on your list. Free Parking, Free Admission and Prize Drawing will be held at 2pm.
- Madison Earth Care Customer Appreciation Event from 11am – 3pm with delicious food being served up from @ds_hotdogs, family hayrides, live birds of prey meet & greet, pet adoption and meet & greet with the Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter, hand-cut silhouette portraits created on-site by the talented Deborah O’Connor, live signing of children’s book “The Scarecrow Halloween Festival” by local self-published author/illustrator John J Meszaros, BOGO Perennials, 10% off all Pumpkins and Bulbs! 10% of all proceeds will be donated to the Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter.
- Annual Harvest Festival at the Madison Beach Hotel from 11am – 3pm. 15 local artisans, crafters and producers will be on display with food and beverage available for sale. Free event!
- Autumn Moonlight Walk at the Surf Club in Madison hosted by the Madison Land Conservation Trust beginning at 7pm. Bring a flashlight and join us for an evening stroll on the Garvan Trail at the Surf Club. A bagpiper will lead the way. After the walk, members of the Astronomical Society of New Haven will set up telescopes for viewing the moon, planets and stars in the night-time sky. Please remember to bring a mask and respect social distancing.
- Herbal Potions for Kids at Tea & Tarot in Madison from 11am – 2pm. Drop in to this in-person workshop and for $15 your child will be able to craft a potion of special interest! Bonus points for anyone who is wearing their cloak or hat for the occasion!Best Suited for Ages: 5+ Years old.