Friday, November 5th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is on the Green every Friday from 3-6pm! Check out their website for a full list of participating vendors.
- Putting Around the Library Links at Scranton Memorial Library in Madison from 6-9pm. Tonight is Adult Night at this mini golf fundraiser! 8 hole Mini-Golf course fills the Scranton Library, upstairs, downstairs and through the bookstacks. Reserved Tee Time Tickets: $40 per person and include beer, wine or cocktail, and hors d’oeuvres. Visit their Facebook event page to make your reservations.
- The Holiday Shop is open at the Guilford Art Center daily 10am-5:30pm and on Sunday from 12pm-5pm. The Shop at Guilford Art Center doubles in size, filling the shop and gallery with extraordinary work from over 200 American artists, makers and designers. Gift categories include ceramics, pottery, glass, jewelry, homewares, clothing, fiber, ornaments, accessories, toys, specialty foods, stationery, leather goods and more.
Saturday, November 6th
- Harvest Day at the Dudley Farm Market in Guilford beginning at 9am. Lacemaking, saurkraut making, children’s games, laundry on the farm and more. Bring a donation for the Guilford Food Bank and place it in the red pickup truck near the parking lot.
- Morning Bike Ride in Guilford hosted by the Shoreline Greenway Trail beginning at 9am. Meet at the Guilford Green in front of Town Hall. Experienced bikers welcome. Helmets required, liability waiver to be signed at the meet. Bike past antique homes built in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries along Boston Street to Route 1, then east across the East River into Madison to Neck Road where the group will bike to the Circle Beach boat launch on the Neck River near the famous ‘Red Cottage’, with views of the Guilford harbor. Lovely fall views of the marsh and river. 11 miles roundtrip. Leader: Bruce Simonds 203-453-2271. Cancelled if rain.
- The Durham Farmer’s Market is hosting their first market of the winter market season from 10am-1pm at the Durham Activity Center, 350 Main Street above the Core Club Gym. Enter through the side entrance and take the stairs or elevator for easy access. Visit their Facebook event page to view this week’s vendor lineup.
- Christmas Open House at Wild Wisteria in Durham beginning at 10am. Located in Durham just across the street from the winter Farmer’s Market, be sure to stop in and see the store decked out for the holidays! Get that gift shopping done early!
- Putting Around the Library Links at the Scranton Memorial Library from 10am-4pm. Open to families! Children as young as 18 months are invited to play with their families. Tickets are $5/person with a maximum of $25/family.
- Harvest Dinner hosted by the North Madison Congregational Church from 5-8pm. Take out or local Delivery ONLY. Meals include fresh roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, locally grown rutabagas, green beans, cranberry sauce, pumpkin or cranberry muffins, and fresh baked apple or pumpkin pie. Whole pies and jars of secret-recipe salad dressing available too!$20 per person. Reservations required for all meals and can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 203-421-3241.
- North Branford Fire Department Co. 1 Porchetta Dinner from 6-9pm. $20 Dollars per person. $15 dollars for Takeout. Tickets will be available at the door. Soda and Water will be provided BYOB! Come out and enjoy a great dinner provided by your local firefighters!