Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving! Enjoy this time reflecting on those you are thankful for and look forward to brighter days ahead. If you do make your way out into the community this weekend, there are many opportunities to support small businesses thanks to great outdoor markets and Small Business Saturday events.
Wednesday, November 25th
- Take a trip to Wallingford and take in the Magic of Lights display at the Oakdale Theater! This event runs everyday through 1/2/2021 with the exception of being closed on New Years Eve. Times are Friday and Saturday from Dusk till 11:00pm and Sunday through Thursday from Dusk till 10:00pm. Tickets can be purchased at the gate for $30 per vehicle Monday – Sunday or in advance for $20.
- Today marks the start of the Holiday Lights Spectacular at Olde Mistick Village. This event will be the largest holiday lights display in southern New England where over a half million lights will showcase archways, trees, reindeer, elves and Santa himself! Running through the month of January.
Thursday, November 26th
- Thanksgiving at the Madison Beach Hotel featuring a Prix Fixe Plated Menu for $56 per person, plus gratuity and sales tax. For Reservations, call 203-350-0014. View the menu here.
Friday, November 27th
- Black Friday at Little Pub in Old Saybrook from noon until midnight with discounts from gift cards to apparel to drink specials galore and more!
- Black Friday! at Thimble Island Brewing Company in Branford beginning at noon. $10 off purchases of $100 or more, plus the release of their 16% Rum Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout: Rum Runner.
- Opening Day of the 2020 tree cutting season at Winterberry Farm in Killingworth!
- Christmas Tree Season opens at Spruce Ledge Tree Farm in Deep River. Enjoy the bon fire, a visit to the resident horses, and a complimentary cup of hot coffee, tea, or cocoa while finding your perfect tree.
- Santa & Mrs. Clause visit Olde Mistick Village on Black Friday for photos at the Village Meeting House from Noon – 3pm.
- 1st Annual Art, Antique, and Tag Sale hosted by the Shoreline Art Space in Branford from 9am – 3pm. Christmas items, ornaments, photographs, collectables, theatre memorabilia, supplies and household, books, goods, jewelry, limoges china and lots of art!
Saturday, November 28th
- Small Business Saturday & Santa Day in Madison hosted by the Madison Chamber of Commerce from 9am – 6pm. Enjoy specials & unique gifts all day, check out the Holiday Market vendors on the Wall Street & Post Road sidewalks, visit their “Drive-by” Santa from 2-3:30pm at the Academy School steps, drop off your letter to Santa, and then head back over to enjoy the spectacular holiday lights adorning our beautiful downtown!
- Artisan Jewelry Holiday Trunk Show at Pieces Home Decor in Old Saybrook from 11am – 4pm.
- Holiday Market at Bishop’s Orchard in Guilford from 11am – 2pm.
- Holiday Lighted Boat Parade along the Mystic River beginning at 6:20pm. Entrance to participate in the Holiday Lighted Boat Parade only requires a toy or coat donation to the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center and it is open to the public. Decorated vessels parade down the Mystic River and return to the Mystic River Park, where spectators and judges gather.
- Head to The Stand in Branford for live music by Foxtrotter from 5-8pm. Performance will take place outside in the garden. It’s a beautiful space with tons of room, lots of tables, and yes they do have heaters!
Sunday, November 29th
- Post-Turkey Sunday Funday with Dave Lefkin performing at James Madison House in North Madison from 3-6pm.