Thursday, May 6th
- The Durham Farmer’s Market is on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Visit the market’s Facebook page for the most up-to-date lineup of local vendors.
- The Ladies Day – Night Shopping Event hosted by the Madison Chamber of Commerce is happening from 12-7pm. Head downtown to do some Mother’s Day shopping, or pick out what YOU’D like as a gift! You can check out the participating stores and their specials here.
Friday, May 7th
- Mimosas & (Jewelry) Makeovers are happening this weekend at 21C in Madison! Stop in anytime beginning today at 11am thru tomorrow at 5pm to enjoy complimentary mimosas, jewelry redesign consultation, photos under our beautiful arch trellis, and a raffle to win a stunning floral arrangement, a one-year subscription to Victoria Magazine, and a copy of “A Sensational Journey,” Poems by Theresa Baybutt.
Saturday, May 8th
- Goat Stroll on the Farm at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield is always a fun time! Join the folks from Bradley Mountain Farm to roam around the pond at Lyman Orchards and let your goat feast on forage around the grounds. Stay to shop at the Apple Barrel Farm Market and visit for lunch at 1741 Pub & Grill. Includes a freshly made donut and a cup of cold apple cider at the Apple Barrel, and one complimentary bag of goat treats per guest. Make your reservations here!
- It’s Apple Blossom Week and Lyman Orchards in Middlefield is celebrating by offering two apple pie making workshops for kids, families and adults at 10:00am & 11:30am. Assemble a delicious 6′ apple pie with instruction from our Bakery Chef! Take and bake at home.$15.00 per ticket (each attendee must have a ticket due to limited spacing)Drive through the Apple Orchard on Powder Hill Road to view the beautiful apple blossoms during their short 10-day season!
- Mother’s Day Gift Shopping at the Guilford Art Center is always a sure bet! Find unique gifts for mom at the Shop at GAC and visiting artists, Yvonne Oxley of Comfort Zone and Lauren Mullaney of LMNT Jewelry Designs on Saturday, May 8 from 10am-4pm. The Shop will be open and features handcrafted work by hundreds of artists, including jewelry, accessories, ceramics, glass, wood, picture frames, candles, beautiful cards and so much more!
- The Killingworth Historical Society will hold its SPRING TAG SALE on Saturday, May 8, 2021 at the Parmelee Farm, 465 Route 81, Killingworth from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Proceeds from the sale are used to support educational programs, to preserve artifacts, and maintain our properties.
- The Flying Fish Jazz Quartet are playing a Mother’s Day Jam at North Guilford Nurseries from 4-6pm. Bring a chair, socially distance – food truck will be there…lots of plants available.
- The Terri & Rob Duo is back and playing live at Spruce Ledge Tree Farm in Deep River from 7-10pm. There’s no cover and it’s BYO at this casual country setting!
Sunday, May 9th
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at The Wharf in Madison! Tables are still available to enjoy a delicious prix fixe dinner from 11am – 6pm. Check out the menu here.
- Mother’s Day Tea and Inn Tour at the The Westbrook Inn from 1-3pm. You’ll enjoy your choice of three tea’s, as well as a treat tower filled with tea sandwiches, quiche, fresh fruit, cheese and jam, scones, and sweet bites. Call the Inn at 860-399-4777 to make your reservation.
- RGB ACoustic TRio is playing at Pa’s Place in Guilford from 2:30-5:00pm. Come enjoy great take out food and BYOB, a chair, and the family!