Friday, March 5th
- Java Groove is playing live at Scotch Plains Tavern in Essex from 5:30-8:30pm.
- First Friday in Chester from 5-8pm. Come stroll, shop and dine with us. Many shops will feature sales or special exhibitions- please visit individual businesses’ website for detailed information.
Saturday, March 6th
- Wildlife Tracking at Lake Saltonstall hosted by the Regional Water Authority from 9:30-11am. Members of the Branford Land Trust will lead a tracking class to teach beginners how to identify animal tracks and signs. We will walk a short circuit into the woods. Registration is required as walks and events have attendance number restrictions due to current social distancing guidelines. Contact Tom Cleveland at 203-981-9040 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to register.
- Winter Market at the Durham Activity Center from 10am – 1pm. Be sure to visit the event page for an up-to-date list of vendors. Located at 350 Main Street, above the Core Club Gym(use the side entrance of the building). There is an elevator for easy access and a stairwell.
- Saturday Walk in East Haven along the Shoreline Greenway Trail beginning at 10am. Enjoy many photo opportunities: glacial outcroppings, a variety of trees, cave formations, osprey nests and views of the Farm River. A great time to enjoy the outdoors and the intrinsic beauty of the trail off Elliot Street and in the spectacular Farm River State Park.
Sunday, March 7th
- Maple Sugaring Sunday and Pancake Breakfast Party at Lyman Orchards 1741 Pub & Grill in Middlefield from 9am-3pm. Environmental Learning Centers of CT’s traveling sugarhouse will be onsite for families to learn about the tradition of maple sugaring. Kids (and adults!) can try their hand at tapping a “tree” and enjoy a delicious pancake breakfast!