Saturday, March 5th
- Junk In The Woods walk in Madison (organized by Charlie Shafer) beginning at 9am. Meet at the Ironwood Trail parking area; the trail is on Race Hill Rd, north side of Rt. 80. Plan for approximately three miles and dress appropriately. The trail is mostly flat, with a few little bumps along the way. Enjoy hunting for old washing machines, inner tubes, discarded bottles and recycled railroad ties! For added fun, download the free Avenza GPS map app, and in that app, go to the “store” and download the equally free Guilford USGS topo map. We’ll go over that app so you can learn to navigate anywhere with ease. Great for kids!
- Maple Syrup Tasting at Wettemann Farm in Guilford from 1:00-4:30pm. $30/person includes syrup samples, waffles, tea/coffee, and demonstration. Kids under 5 free, $20 for kids under 14, Or not interested in trying, but want to learn? $10 for auditors. Tickets can be purchased in advance or cash, check, and Venmo accepted at event.
- Souper Bowl VI is going down in Madison from 12:00-2:30pm. This fun event features tastings of the Shoreline’s best soups, chowders & chili. $15/person 12 and over and free for those under 12.
- A Tribute to Tom Petty at The Water’s Edge in Westbrook beginning at 6pm. Tickets can be purchased in advanced for $65/person
Sunday, March 6th
- Little Pub in Old Saybrook is hosting Sunday Brunch from 11am-3pm. Enjoy all of your brunch favorites, including bottomless bloody mary’s and endless mimosas!