We’re shaping up to have another beautiful stretch of days as we move into the last weekend of June! Yes, you read that correctly. I could hardly believe it myself as I was putting together this week’s Social Report. With weather this great you might also want to sneak in a trip to a pick-your-own farm. Now is the time to harvest your own strawberries and raspberries! Bishop’s Orchards, Lyman Orchards, and Rose Orchards are three great Shoreline options. Be sure to check their websites or call ahead since pick-your-own availability is ever changing due to supply. After all your hard work you’ll find plenty of options for a relaxing evening thanks to the great live music and outdoor movie screenings we have to choose from this weekend!
Thursday, June 25th
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
- Head over to Jacob’s Beach in Guilford to hear local band Foxtrotter play live from 5:30-7:00pm.
- Live Music at Shank’s in Clinton! Come on down from 6-8pm and listen to the music of Peter Holmgren on the upper deck. BYOB, great food, and awesome views!
Friday, June 26th
- Black Hall Outfitters’ Fluke Fest 2020 continues! This year’s tournament is a SEASON-LONG open tournament, with a $30 entry fee per angler. All entrants MUST be signed up for at least 48 hours prior to being eligible to weigh in a fish and weigh-ins will take place at their Westbrook location. Be sure to check out their page for the full set of guidelines!
- Old Saybrook Parks & Recreation is hosting their Summer Concert Series on the Town Green. Come on down to enjoy a performance by Take 2 & Call Me in The Morning.
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Town Green from 3-6pm. Traditional retail is now allowed and select vendors continue to offer pre-order. Head to the market webpage to see this week’s list of vendors.
- Madison Beach & Recreation is offering a Free Movie Night at the Surf Club! Coming on down beginning at 7:45pm and find your spot to watch Despicable Me 3.
Saturday, June 27th
- Yoga in the Lavender Fields hosted by Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth. Join in from 9-10am for a socially distant Vinyasa Flow. Advanced registration is suggested and arrival is 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Head to Madison for Market on the Lawn hosted by The Dressing Room, Annie Mame Boutique, Maggie’s of Madison and Lindsay J. This outdoor shopping event will offer a different selection of products from each shop, surprise sales, and feature local vendors. Located on the lawn behind Maggie’s and The Dressing Room from 11am-5pm.
- The Dudley Farm Market in Guilford is open every Saturday from 9am-12:30pm. Follow along on Facebook for update on vendors.
- Dave Lefkin is playing live at the James Madison House in Madison from 6-9pm.
- Rock Bottom will be playing live at Little Pub in Old Saybrook from 5-7pm.
- Sweet Polly Duo is playing live at Scotch Plains Tavern in Essex from 7-10pm.
- Old Saybrook Parks & Recreation is hosting their Summer Movie Nights on the Town Green. This week you can bring the family down to watch Secret Life of Pets 2 beginning at 8:45pm.
Sunday, June 28th
- The Chester Sunday Market is happening drive thru style this year and running from 10am-2pm at their new location (Chester Elementary School – 23 Ridge Road – Chester, CT). You can also place advanced orders and pick up at our new Pick Up location (14 Main Street Chester, CT)