Many of us are finishing up with distance learning this week and looking forward to a well deserved break from the school grind. It’s time to feel the excitement of some normalcy and relish in that end of the year excitement! Let’s use this weekend’s Father’s Day celebrations to kick summer into high gear! There’s plenty of fun to go around over the next several days and throughout the weekend and the weather is looking spot on to enjoy it all.
Wednesday, June 17th
- St. Patrick’s Day Reboot is going down at the Little Pub in Old Saybrook from 12-8pm! Sure it’s 3 months late, but a little shutdown won’t stop the green beer from flowing. Corned beef and all the St. Patrick’s Day giveaway swag left by Guinness and Jameson reps will round out the fun!
Thursday, June 18th
- Live Music at Shank’s in Clinton! Come on down from 6-8pm and listen to the music of Jim Paradis on the upper deck. BYOB, great food, and awesome views!
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
- Be a part of Branford’s Father’s Day tradition and join in on the Virtual Branford Road Race! Participants can register for the virtual 5-mile run, 2-mile health walk, or the kid’s fun run, and participate any time during Father’s Day Weekend. Proceeds benefit Connecticut Advocates for Parkinson’s, Camp Rising Sun and Notre Dame High School. Registration is open until 11:59pm on June 22nd.
Friday, June 19th
- Black Hall Outfitters’ Fluke Fest 2020 is kicking off! This year’s tournament is a SEASON-LONG open tournament, with a $30 entry fee per angler. All entrants MUST be signed up for at least 48 hours prior to being eligible to weigh in a fish and weigh-ins will take place at their Westbrook location. Be sure to check out their page for the full set of guidelines!
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Town Green from 3-6pm. Traditional retail is now allowed and select vendors continue to offer pre-order. Head to the market webpage to see this week’s list of vendors.
- Tailgate Party at the Brushmill in Chester! Bring your chairs, find a spot in the Brushmill’s massive parking lot, and take in an evening of live music performed by Foxtrotter. Food and beverages are of course available for order!
Saturday, June 20th
- The Food Truck Drive Thru at the Guilford Fairgrounds is back for a second weekend! Open from 11am-6pm. Place your order on the provided disposable menu and have your selections delivered directly to your vehicle! Check out the Facebook page for full details.
- Dave Lefkin is playing live at the James Madison House in Madison from 4-7pm.
- Drive-in Movie Night at Bear’s Smokehouse in New Haven! After previously being rained out their giving it another go and showing The Dark Night beginning at 8pm. Tickets are required. $60 per car and include your parking spot, 4 chicken sliders, 4 pork sliders, moinkballs, popcorn & movie candy. Tickets can be ordered here!
Sunday, June 21st
- The Chester Sunday Market is happening drive thru style this year and running from 10am-2pm at their new location (Chester Elementary School – 23 Ridge Road – Chester, CT). You can also place advanced orders and pick up at our new Pick Up location (14 Main Street Chester, CT)
- Pack a cooler and celebrate Father’s Day at Shank’s in Clinton! Have a little Sunday Funday from 2-5pm while enjoying the music of Jim Paradis on the upper deck. Dads will receive a complementary cup of lobster bisque!