Thursday, June 10th
- The Durham Farmer’s Market is on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Visit the market’s Facebook page for the most up-to-date lineup of local vendors.
- Paul Shlien is live at Shanks in Clinton from 6-8pm. Don’t forget that Shanks is BYOB!
- Caribbean Vibe Steel Drum Band is playing at Lenny’s Indian Head Inn in Branford from 6-9pm.
Friday, June 11th
- Outdoor Movie Night at Salt Meadow Park in Madison beginning at 7pm. Join in the fun at this free event sponsored by Madison Beach & Rec and take in a showing of The Sandlot.
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is on the Green every Friday from 3-6pm! Check out their website for a full list of participating vendors.
- Timmy Maia is live at The Stand in Branford from 7:30-10:30pm.
- The Sun Sits Low: An Evening of Stephen Sondheim at the Deacon John Grave House in Madison; sponsored by the Madison Lyric Stage company at 7:30pm with additional performances on Saturday, June 12 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, June 13 at 5:00 p.m. The evening will feature a cast of 14 singers, with a combo of musicians, interpreting the magical, urbane, funny and poignant songs from the canon of this prolific Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning composer. The evening features some of Sondheim’s best-known songs, including Being Alive, Broadway Baby, Comedy Tonight, Losing My Mind, Move On, No One Is Alone, Not A Day Goes By, Send in the Clowns, and more. Tickets for the fundraiser are $50 and can be purchased by visiting madisonlyricstage.org or by calling 203-215-6329. The Deacon John Grave House is located at 581 Boston Post Road in Madison.
Saturday, June 12th
- Yoga in the Lavender Fields at Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth from 9-10am. Amy Hewitt will guide you through a one-hour session of Vinyasa Flow Yoga amongst the sights, sounds and especially the smells of the lavender fields. Reserve your spot here.
- A Strawberry Celebration is happening at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield from 11:30am – 3pm! There will be freshly made strawberry shortcakes, live music featuring the acoustic duo BluesGrass, fresh roasted nuts, ice cream, and kettle corn from Jeff’s Kettle Corn!
- Looking for a fun Father’s Day gift for a stylish dad? Join in on the Men’s Summer Style Event with Lee Allison at Willow & Birch in Madison from 4-7pm and enjoy a little happy hour fun while you shop! Lee’s collection of unique, impeccable quality, men’s fashion accessories is a perfect gift for those who would love to add a little whimsical sophistication to their wardrobe! Can’t make it tonight? No problem! The event continues on Saturday from 11am – 5pm.
- Goodness Grows Garden Walks sponsored by North Madison Congregational Church from 10am – 4pm. Stroll through seven private gardens and plant sale. Rain or Shine at the North Madison Congregational church – 1271 Durham Rd. (at the circle) Madison, CT. Tickets Available now for pre-purchase at: Breakwater Books, Madison Flower Shop, Madison Earthcare and online at Northmadisoncc.org. A limited number of tickets will be available the day of the event.
- A new shop, Homeward Collective, is joining the ranks on Main St. in Madison! Join in the Grand Opening festivities from 10am – 6pm and enjoy a fun free gift with purchase while supplies last and enter to win our summer essentials give away.
- The Annual Essex Land Trust Concert in the Park featuring Melaena, a 6-piece cover band based out of Norwich, CT whose sole mission is to execute music that “makes you want to dance.” The event run from 5-7pm and is intended as a BYO picnic and concert. Bring chairs, blankets. Relax or Dance!
- Michael Walcott brings his talent to Spruce Ledge Tree Farm in Deep River beginning at 7pm. He promises things like Charlie Daniels, ZZ Top and Cat Stevens! As always this is a BYO event, so bring your lawn chairs to this no cover charge show!
- Welcome Summer! Dance Party at Bill’s Seafood in Westbrook from 7:30-10:30pm.Your feet will be moving to the stylings of Jeremy Coster on bass.
Sunday, June 13th
- It’s Opening Day of the Chester Sunday Market! Join the crowd on Main Street in Chester from 10am – 1pm to buy some amazing fresh produce, breads, cheeses, jams and honey. Meats, eggs and more. Enjoy the downtown shops and restaurants as well as the local brewery. Live music is back!