Thursday, July 8th
- Jim Paradis is live at Shanks in Clinton from 5-9pm. Don’t forget that Shanks is BYOB!
- The Annual Westbrook Firemans Carnival is happening from 6-11pm daily thru this Saturday, July 10th on the ball fields behind the firehouse. Wristbands are $28 each night, so you can go on unlimited rides for one low price. This is the departments biggest fundraiser with great food, games, and rides all for a great cause.
Friday, July 9th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is on the Green every Friday from 3-6pm! Check out their website for a full list of participating vendors.
- The Ivortyon Playhouse is open for the 2021 season! Murder for Two is the first production to hit the stage and runs until Sunday, August 1st. MURDER FOR TWO is the perfect blend of music, mayhem and murder! In this hilarious 90-minute show, 2 performers play 13 roles—not to mention the piano—in a witty and winking homage to old-fashioned murder mysteries. The New York Times calls it “INGENIOUS! A snazzy double-act that spins out a comic mystery animated by funny, deftly turned songs.” You won’t want to miss this killer musical comedy! Tickets sales are not available online this year. Tickets can be purchased by calling or visiting the box office. 860.767.7318
Saturday, July 10th
- Old Saybrook Farmer’s Market at 210 Main Street from 10am-1:30pm.
- Yoga in the Lavender Fields at Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth from 9-10am. Yoga Instructor Amy Hewitt will guide you through a one-hour Vinyasa Flow session amongst the sights, sounds and especially the smells of our lavender fields. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Blueberry Celebration at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield from 10am-3pm. There will be plenty of Pick-Your-Own blueberries, freshly made blueberry treats, live music featuring the Howling Hound Dogs, fresh roasted nuts, and ice cream!
- Artisan Pop-Up Event at the Guilford Art Center from 10am-4pm featuring Lauren Mullaney of LMNT Jewelry, Marsha Trattner of She-Weld (blacksmith), Michael Crampton with graphic art, and Saltbox Seasonings. Admission is free and open to the community. Open rain or shine.
- Salt Meadow Concert featuring Laura Clapp at Salt Meadow Park in Madison beginning at 5pm. Bring your chairs, blankets, and picnic to enjoy this fun, outdoor concert!
- Guilford’s Annual Fireworks with Nightshift at the Guilford Fairgrounds from 7:15-9:15pm. Get there early for a good spot! See you there! RAIN DATE SUNDAY, JULY 11th.
- The Convertibles play at Bishop’s Orchards in Guilford from 7-10pm. Listen to a little rock and grab food and a drink, and take a load off on our patio under the stars and lights!
Sunday, July 11th
- Chester Sunday Market from 10am – 1pm to buy some amazing fresh produce, breads, cheeses, jams and honey. Meats, eggs and more. Enjoy the downtown shops and restaurants as well as the local brewery. Live music is back!
- Plant Pop Up at Twelve Percent Beer Project in North Haven from 12-3pm. Plantii Garden will be in attendance with some gorgeous plants that you won’t want to miss out on. Bring your friends and family along for a great afternoon!Delicious food will be offered on-site by Savory Smoke. Find out more about them here https://www.facebook.com/SavorySmokeBarbecue. Live music by Bobby Wheeler (https://bobbywheelermusic.com).
- Madison Beach & Rec Summer Concerts on the Green returns this weekend with 60s Satisfaction up as the first performance at 6pm.