The outdoor music theme continues this week and I’m happy to report that you have three outdoor movie options to choose from between Friday – Monday! Our communities are working so hard to create these family friendly events and it makes me so happy to see the way everyone is coming together during these unprecedented times. Be sure to note that this week’s list of fun continues into the beginning of next week. There are so many great events popping up and I wouldn’t want you to miss out.! Hope you’re all able to get out and enjoy some socially distant fun.
Wednesday, July 29th
- Southern Voice Summer Concert hosted by Essex Park & Rec on Essex Main Street from 6:00-7:30pm. The mix of modern country, classic rock and even some pop hits will keep everyone dancing!
- Head to Old Saybrook to see The Meadow Brothers perform live at 6:30pm on the Town Green as part of the Summer Concert Series sponsored by Old Saybrook Park & Rec.
Thursday, July 30th
- The Guilford Annual Sidewalk Sale begins! Visit stores on and around The Green until Sunday, August 2nd while you shop and love your local!
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
- The Essex Board of Trade is hosting Alfresco Thursdays weekly throughout July and August. Visit numerous dockside and patio dining venues before visiting local retail shops that will be staying open until 8pm! Want to arrive via boat? Safe Harbor Essex Island is offering free hourly dockage from 4-9pm! Info on reserving your spot can be found on the event’s Facebook page.
Friday, July 31st
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Town Green from 3-6pm. Traditional retail is now allowed and select vendors continue to offer pre-order. Head to the market webpage to see this week’s list of vendors.
- Madison Beach & Rec is hosting a Drive-In Movie Night at Salt Meadow Park! Gates open at 7:30pm and the viewing of Sonic the Hedgehog begins at dusk. Bring your own snacks and chairs for a fun family night!
- Old Saybrook Parks & Rec presents Summer Movie Nights on The Town Green featuring Aladdin. Bring the family down for the show! Movie begins at 8:30pm.
- Take a trip to Parmelee Farm in Killingworth with your chairs and blankets to enjoy an outdoor family friendly concert by Rotary. From 7:00-8:30pm you can enjoy listening to Rotary’s ever-expanding catalogue of artists including the Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Cream, the Beatles, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Creedence Clearwater Revival and many more.
Saturday, August 1st
- The Dudley Farm Market in Guilford is open every Saturday from 9am-12:30pm. Follow along on Facebook for update on vendors.
Sunday, August 2nd
- The Chester Sunday Market is running from 10am-2pm at their new location (Chester Elementary School – 23 Ridge Road – Chester, CT). You can also place advanced orders and pick up at our new Pick Up location (14 Main Street Chester, CT
- Madison Beach & Rec welcomes you to the Summer Concert Series with free weekly music performances being held on the Town Green from 6-8pm. 1Wild Night is bringing their best Bon Jovi Tribute Concert that is sure to have you up on your feet and dancing!
Monday, August 3rd
The Grassy Strip Family Friendly Film Festival hosted by the Madison Beach Hotel is back!!! Pack your chairs and blankets and head to the hotel’s lawn for this week feature: The Little Rascals. Movies will begin at dark, which is scheduled to be at approximately 8pm.This even has been cancelled!
Tuesday, August 4th
- Al Fresco Happy Hour is happening under the tent at the Madison Beach Hotel from 4:30-6:30pm. Enjoy specials, live music by Paul Harris, and time with your friends! This is a BYO chair and blanket event.