We have another clear weekend ahead and a line-up full of outdoor fun! Madison is offering up a great opportunity to support your favorite local shops with their Annual Sidewalk Sale. Check those gifts off your shopping list and maybe even treat yourself to something fun! While your out make sure to stop by the multitude of farmer’s markets to restock your supply of fruits and veggies. Yum!
Wednesday, July 22nd
- The Madison Chamber of Commerce is hosting everyone’s favorite bargain hunting event…the Sidewalk Sales! Even though this is an outdoor event, it is requested that everyone wear a face mask as they search for their perfect finds. Shopping is open from 11am-5pm and the event will run through Sunday, July 26th.
- Timmy Maia is playing live on the patio at Brother Mike’s in Madison from 6-9pm.
Thursday, July 23rd
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
- The Essex Board of Trade is hosting Alfresco Thursdays weekly throughout July and August. Visit numerous dockside and patio dining venues before visiting local retail shops that will be staying open until 8pm! Want to arrive via boat? Safe Harbor Essex Island is offering free hourly dockage from 4-9pm! Info on reserving your spot can be found on the event’s Facebook page.
Friday, July 24th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Town Green from 3-6pm. Traditional retail is now allowed and select vendors continue to offer pre-order. Head to the market webpage to see this week’s list of vendors.
Saturday, July 25th
- The Dudley Farm Market in Guilford is open every Saturday from 9am-12:30pm. Follow along on Facebook for update on vendors.
- Cinder + Salt is hosting a Beach Clean-up event at Hammonasset State Park in Madison from 8:30-10:30am. Start you weekend off on the right foot with your toes in the sand and a little community minded service! Registration is free.
- Yoga in the Lavender Fields hosted by Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth. Join in from 9-10am for a socially distant Vinyasa Flow. Advanced registration is suggested and arrival is 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
Sunday, July 26th
- The Chester Sunday Market is running from 10am-2pm at their new location (Chester Elementary School – 23 Ridge Road – Chester, CT). You can also place advanced orders and pick up at our new Pick Up location (14 Main Street Chester, CT)
- Have you ever thought of making your own broom? Join Madison Wool and Vagabond Spun for this Introductory Class to Broom Making and you’ll walk away with 2-4 variations of your own creation! Class runs from 10am – 5pm and you must call to register: 203-245-5921
- Madison Beach & Rec welcomes you to the Summer Concert Series with free weekly music performances being held on the Town Green from 6-8pm. Come on down this week for a blend of Pop, Rock, Folk and Country as played by The Larry Stevens Band.