Thursday, July 22nd
- The Ivortyon Playhouse is open for the 2021 season! Murder for Two is the first production to hit the stage and runs until Sunday, August 1st. MURDER FOR TWO is the perfect blend of music, mayhem and murder! In this hilarious 90-minute show, 2 performers play 13 roles—not to mention the piano—in a witty and winking homage to old-fashioned murder mysteries. The New York Times calls it “INGENIOUS! A snazzy double-act that spins out a comic mystery animated by funny, deftly turned songs.” You won’t want to miss this killer musical comedy! Tickets sales are not available online this year. Tickets can be purchased by calling or visiting the box office. 860.767.7318
- The Madison Sidewalk Sales start TODAY and run through Sunday! Bargains galore from your favorite shops with most open from 9:30am-6:00pm. Grab a coffee from Madison Coffee House to keep you energized for for hunt!
- Live music by Mark Mirando at Shank’s in Clinton from 6-8pm. Don’t forget to BYOB!
- It’s Opening Night for Madison Lyric Stage, a professional theater company serving the Connecticut shoreline and the Connecticut River valley. They will present Mart Crowley’s landmark play The Boys in the Band for eight performances July 22 – August 1. Additionally, the play is presented in association with the New Haven Pride Center, and a portion of all ticket sales will benefit the Center’s youth programming. Audiences are invited to arrive early for a pre-show that will feature music of the era, along with a signature cocktail and other drinks. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased by visiting madisonlyricstage.org, or by calling 203-215-6329. Show times are Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 5:00 p.m. The Deacon John Grave House is located at 581 Boston Post Road in Madison.
Friday, July 23rd
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is on the Green every Friday from 3-6pm! Check out their website for a full list of participating vendors.
- The HK Recreation Outdoor Summer Concert Series presents Blues Connection at Parmelee Farm from 7-8:30pm. Blues Connection is a blues-based band out of Central CT. The band features strong male and female lead vocalists along with backing vocals coming from two guitarist, a bass player, blues harp player/guitarist and drummer. The band covers greats including but not limited to BB King, Blues Brothers, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones, Susan Tedeschi, Eva Cassidy, Bonnie Rait and Aretha Franklin. Visit www.bluesconnectionband.com.
Saturday, July 24th
- Old Saybrook Farmer’s Market at 210 Main Street from 9am-12:30pm. Be sure to give them a like on Facebook to keep up to date on weekly vendors!
- Yoga in the Lavender Fields at Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth from 9-10am. Certified Yoga Instructor Amy Hewitt will guide you through a one-hour Vinyasa Flow session amongst the sights, sounds and especially the smells of the lavender fields. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Artisan Pop-Up Event at the Guilford Art Center from 10am-4pm. This week’s artists include Donna McGee (ceramics), Megan Mayall (GAC Resident Potter), Stephanie Maddalena (glass jewelry), Yvonne Oxley (Komfort Zone soaps), and Penny Feder (printmaking, mixed media). Admission is free and open to the community.
- Movie Night Series hosted by the Clinton Chamber of Commerce. Bring chairs and blankets and join on the lawn behind the Pierson School at 75 East Main Street, Clinton, for a free movie night. Films begin at 8:45 PM. This week’s showing is Grease!
Sunday, July 25th
- Chester Sunday Market from 10am – 1pm to buy some amazing fresh produce, breads, cheeses, jams and honey. Meats, eggs and more. Enjoy the downtown shops and restaurants as well as the local brewery. Live music is back!