Bring on the long, holiday weekend…4th of July is here! Sure, we may not have the usual BBQ bashes and fireworks displays to attend, but the weather is looking spot on for a weekend at the beach! Or, head out pretty much any night this week to catch a live set from one of your favorite local bands. There’s plenty to keep you busy this weekend even if the holiday weekend looks different than years past.
Wednesday, July 1
- Head to Old Saybrook for the Summer Concert Series featuring Green Hill on the Town Green beginning at 6:30pm.
Thursday, July 2
- The Essex Board of Trade is hosting Alfresco Thursdays weekly throughout July and August. Visit numerous dockside and patio dining venues before visiting local retail shops that will be staying open until 8pm! Want to arrive via boat? Safe Harbor Essex Island is offering free hourly dockage from 4-9pm! Info on reserving your spot can be found on the event’s Facebook page.
- The Shoreline Connection is playing live at Brother Mike’s in Madison from 5:30-9:30pm.
- Paul Shlien is playing live at Shank’s in Clinton from 6-8pm.
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
Friday, July 3
- Kronic Band is playing live at Shank’s in Clinton from 5-9pm.
- Summer Movie Nights hosted by Old Saybrook Parks & Recreation and Child & Adult Orthodontics at Fort Saybrook Monument Park beginning at 8:30pm. Pack into the car and come out to watch Sandlot!
Saturday, July 4
- Jim Paradis is playing live at Shank’s in Clinton from 6-8pm.
Sunday, July 5
- The Chester Sunday Market is running from 10am-2pm at their new location (Chester Elementary School – 23 Ridge Road – Chester, CT). You can also place advanced orders and pick up at our new Pick Up location (14 Main Street Chester, CT)
- Today is the last day to visit Joe’s Amazing Lights in Guilford! Come for a visit and make a donation to benefit the Connecticut Food Bank!