Friday, January 7th
- Revisiting America: The Prints of Currier & Ives is on display at the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme through Sunday, January 23rd. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Tuesday to Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults, $9 for seniors, $8 for students, and free for ages 12 and under.
- It’s First Friday in the Chester Village! Come stroll, shop and dine on Main Street. Many shops will feature sales or special exhibitions- please visit their website for detailed information.
Saturday, January 8th
- 28th Annual Holiday Train Show at the Connecticut River Museum in Essex. The show runs Tuesday – Sunday until February 20th. Come see what train artist Steve Cryan has created this year! A fully operational 26-foot train layout, “I SPY” scavenger hunts, and toddler sized viewing layout are all part of the fun!
- Forest Stewardship Day at The Preserve in Old Saybrook from 1-3pm. The primary activity will be cutting unwanted invasive plants, which are easier to access during the winter months. Volunteers should bring clippers or long-handled loppers (or borrow ones provided) and wear boots and gloves that resist thorns. High school students in search of community service hours are welcome. To register, visit bit.ly/Preserve_Stewardship.
- Second Saturday Village Market at the Westbrook Outlets from 10am – 3pm. Local businesses join the name brand stores with unique offerings like accessories, apparel, baked goods, candles, jewelry, soaps, woodworking, and much more!
- Saturday Winter Market at the Durham Activity Center on Main Street from 10am – 1pm. Visit their Facebook page for the complete list of vendors.
- A Tribute to the Eages at Water’s Edge Resort & Spa in Westbrook beginning at 6pm. Purchase your tickets here!
Sunday, January 9th
- American Lantern Festival at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield. The show runs through January 31st. The show takes you along a 1/2 mile walking path surrounded by hand-crafted life-like masterpieces. Buy your tickets here.