Friday, December 10th
- Tree Lighting Ceremony on the Madison Green at 6pm. Enjoy hot chocolate from Scout Troop 490, music by Larry Stevens & Company, and a visit from Santa & Rudolph!
- Festival of Lights at Olde Mistick Village from 5-9:30pm. Experience the magic of the holiday season at the Olde Mistick Village! Come stroll through walkways brilliantly lit by thousands of luminaries. With live entertainment and complimentary treats in the Meeting House, there’s something for the whole family to enjoy!!
Saturday, December 11th
- Durham Holiday Market – Crafters Edition from 10am – 1pm. Santa is going to make an appearance from 11am-12:15pm and several craft vendors are on hand this week to help find local gifts!
- Photos with the Christmas Ponies Wettemann Farm and Almost Home Barn in Guilford from 1-3pm. Holiday photos will cost $10 per family (regardless if you have 1 child or 4!). Families will be able to take as many photos as they would like and professional photos will be uploaded to Facebook after event.
- Torch Light Parade in Old Saybrook at 6pm. More than 20 different fife and drum corps hailing from as far away as Pennsylvania and Vermont will march along Main Street to the Town Green. Leading the musician groups will once again be the 2nd Company Governor’s Foot Guard marching unit. The marching musicians, dressed in period costumes, will play musical selections that their counterparts might have played more than 100 to 200 years ago. Alongside each corps will be parade volunteers who will carry torches to light the way. In addition to the musicians, more than 20 floats and other marching units plan to participate in this annual parade.
Sunday, December 12th
- Holiday Arts and Crafts Fair at the Red Barn in Durham from 11am – 4pm.