Friday, August 6th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is on the Green every Friday from 3-6pm! Check out their website for a full list of participating vendors.
- Sunset Sunflower Maze and Wine Tasting at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield kicks off today and happens every Friday during the month of August! Stroll through the Sunflower Maze at sunset, as you taste wines from three Connecticut wineries. Great photo opportunities! 5:30 – 7:30pm (arrive anytime before 7pm – maze takes approximately 30 minutes)$30 ticket includes six, two ounce tastings and entry into the Sunflower Maze. Event is 21+. Please bring ID. Reserve your tickets here.
- Muddy Rudders plays live at Bishop’s Orchards in Guilford from 7-10pm. Big time party dance band putting out British & American 60’s and 70’s rock n roll tunes just like you remember.
Saturday, August 7th
- Old Saybrook Farmer’s Market at 210 Main Street from 9am-12:30pm. Be sure to give them a like on Facebook to keep up to date on weekly vendors!
- Yoga in the Lavender Fields at Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth from 9-10am. Certified Yoga Instructor Amy Hewitt will guide you through a one-hour Vinyasa Flow session amongst the sights, sounds and especially the smells of the lavender fields. Tickets can be purchased here.
Sunday, August 8th
- Chester Sunday Market from 10am – 1pm to buy some amazing fresh produce, breads, cheeses, jams and honey. Meats, eggs and more. Enjoy the downtown shops and restaurants as well as the local brewery. Live music is back!
- Bon Jovi Tribute Concert on The Green in Madison from 6-8pm. Bring your chairs, blankets and bevies to this FREE, ALL AGES outdoor show featuring 1 Wild Night playing the best of Bon Jovi and ’80s rock hits! Food trucks will be available.
- Open House and Crafts for Kids at Parmelee Farm in Killingworth from 2-5pm. Inside the house: a display of some household and farm items from our collection of Killingworth artifacts. Outside under a tent behind the farmhouse: outdoor Story Time and children’s crafts relating to quilting throughout the afternoon. Fun for all ages!
Tuesday, August 10th
- St. George’s Church Carnival kicks off in Guilford with gates opening at 5:30pm. Rides open at 6pm. Enjoy nightly entertainment, rides, food, and games! The carnival runs through Saturday, 8/14.
- Live music at Shanks in Clinton by Paul Shlein from 5-9pm. As always, Shanks is BYOB!
- Family Friendly Film Festival at the Madison Beach Hotel featuring the film ONWARD. Food is available and the show begins at dark…approximately 8:30pm. BYO blankets and chairs.
Wednesday, August 11th
- Twilight Music Series at the Madison Beach Hotel from 5-7pm. Sits beach side and enjoy a beverage from the Beach Bar while listening to live music on the lawn.
- Head over to Moxie in Madison every Wednesday night for Big Boy Trivia beginning at 7pm! Great food, the best cocktail menu around, and tons of fun with friends!