Woah! Yesterday was a wild, windy ride! Hope you’re all hanging in there and are only dealing with minimal storm damage. I’ve got a fun few days lined up to help keep your mind off the power outage and out of the house while we’re waiting for power to be restored. So, clean up some sticks and branches and then get out of the house to enjoy some fun!
Wednesday, August 5th
- Java Groove Summer Concert, hosted by Essex Park and Rec, is going down at Main Street Park in Essex Village from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Gracie Day is playing the Old Saybrook Summer Concert Series this week on the Town Green beginning at 6:30pm.
- Trivia Night at Moxie is back in Madison! Happening under the tent at 7:30pm with registration beginning at 7:00pm. First come, first seated at this touchless event.
Thursday, August 6th
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
- The Essex Board of Trade is hosting Alfresco Thursdays weekly throughout July and August. Visit numerous dockside and patio dining venues before visiting local retail shops that will be staying open until 8pm! Want to arrive via boat? Safe Harbor Essex Island is offering free hourly dockage from 4-9pm! Info on reserving your spot can be found on the event’s Facebook page.
- Dave Grunwald is playing live on the upper deck at Shanks in Clinton from 6-8pm. Great tunes, great food, and BYOB!
Friday, August 7th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Town Green from 3-6pm. Traditional retail is now allowed and select vendors continue to offer pre-order. Head to the market webpage to see this week’s list of vendors.
- Acoustic Marsh Pit is performing at 7pm on the Town Green in Old Saybrook as part of the Old Saybrook Summer Concert Series.
Saturday, August 8th
- The Dudley Farm Market in Guilford is open every Saturday from 9am-12:30pm. Follow along on Facebook for update on vendors.
- Yoga in the Lavender Fields hosted by Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth. Join in from 9-10am for a socially distant Vinyasa Flow. Advanced registration is suggested and arrival is 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
- The Madison Craft Fair to benefit the Madison Food Pantry is happening on the Town Green from 10am-4:30pm. Over 50 vendors, free admission, and free parking.
- The Shoreline Connection is back at Brother Mike’s in Madison from 5:30-9:30pm. They’ll be setting up in the parking lot so that there will be plenty of space to enjoy some socially distant fun!
Sunday, August 9th
- The Chester Sunday Market is running from 10am-2pm at their new location (Chester Elementary School – 23 Ridge Road – Chester, CT). You can also place advanced orders and pick up at our new Pick Up location (14 Main Street Chester, CT)
- Enjoy Brunch By the Beach hosted by the Madison Beach Hotel from 10am-2pm. Check out the new plated menu here!
- Madison Beach & Rec welcomes you to the Summer Concert Series with free weekly music performances being held on the Town Green from 6-8pm. Nightshift Band is bringing the music of the 60s, 70s, and 80s!