Pack your picnic dinners and head out any night this week to enjoy a little live music! Temps are supposed to be easing up as we move towards the weekend, so get out there are soak up every last minute of summer before the end of August is here and we’re preparing for back-to-school (whatever that might look like)! Comedy, trivia, brunch, and yoga complete the round-up for this week’s list of fun.
Wednesday, August 12th
- Wednesday night is all about Trivia Night at Moxie in Madison! Happening under the tent at 7:30pm with registration beginning at 7:00pm. First come, first seated at this touchless event. Come on out for food & drink specials, prizes, and fun!
- Blues on the Rocks is playing live at Main Street Park in Essex Village from 6:00-7:30 pm compliments of the Essex Park and Rec department.
- Long Island Sound Band is playing the Old Saybrook Summer Concert Series at 6:30pm on the Town Green.
Thursday, August 13th
- Durham Farmer’s Market takes place on the Town Green from 3:00-6:30pm. Check out their Facebook page for an up-to-date listing of vendors.
- The Essex Board of Trade is hosting Alfresco Thursdays weekly throughout July and August. Visit numerous dockside and patio dining venues before visiting local retail shops that will be staying open until 8pm! Want to arrive via boat? Safe Harbor Essex Island is offering free hourly dockage from 4-9pm! Info on reserving your spot can be found on the event’s Facebook page.
- Kronic Band is playing at Shanks in Clinton from 4-8pm on the upper deck. Don’t forget that Shanks in BYOB!!!
- Rosabianca Vineyards in North Branford is hosting Comedy Night on their spacious patio area from 7-9pm. Arrive early to grab your seats, enjoy some wine, and visit the food truck before the show. Tickets are required and can be purchased through their Facebook page.
Friday, August 14th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Town Green from 3-6pm. Traditional retail is now allowed and select vendors continue to offer pre-order. Head to the market webpage to see this week’s list of vendors.
- Join Nightshift as they debut on the Westbrook Town Green! Bring your lawn chairs, sing along and dance to the really fun songs of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s! Music begins at 6pm.
Saturday, August 15th
- The Dudley Farm Market in Guilford is open every Saturday from 9am-12:30pm. Follow along on Facebook for update on vendors.
- Life Full Yoga in Madison is hosting 2 sessions of outdoor yoga. 8:30-9:00 Sun Salutations and 9:15-10:15 Gentle Yoga.. Come for one or both of these donation classes.
Sunday, August 16th
- The Chester Sunday Market is running from 10am-2pm at their new location (Chester Elementary School – 23 Ridge Road – Chester, CT). You can also place advanced orders and pick up at our new Pick Up location (14 Main Street Chester, CT)
- Enjoy Brunch By the Beach hosted by the Madison Beach Hotel from 10am-2pm. Check out the new plated menu here!
- Madison Beach & Rec welcomes you to the Summer Concert Series with free weekly music performances being held on the Town Green from 6-8pm. The Ken Morr Band will bring their folk, rock, and Americana style!
Monday, August 17th
- MOXIE in Madison will present JAWS on their huge 17’ movie screen! Food, drinks, popcorn and FUN!!! More details to come, so be sure to follow along on their Facebook page.