Social Reports and Social Distancing are not two things that typically go hand-in-hand, but my team and I are working our hardest to find virtual alternatives and provide unique ideas to help everyone weather this season in our lives. Just this past Friday I highlighted the many wonderful hiking trails that our local towns have to offer. Though, it’s important to remember even when outdoors you should be minding the 6-foot rule and leave plenty of room for safe passage when encountering others. Don’t forget to take a moment to breathe during this hectic time. Treat yourself to a take-out dinner and give yourself a night off!
- Life Full Yoga in Madison has their Virtual Studio up and running! With a goal of offering at least 1 class per day, you’ll be able to choose from several different yoga practices, mat Pilates, or Pilates/barre fusion.
- Follow the Privé Swiss Fitness YouTube channel for short (free) workout videos that you can use alone for a quick session or use multiple to build a longer routine
- Acer Gardens in Deep River is open and taking online orders for bulk much and topsoil delivery or pick-up. They also have a variety of cool season vegetables, bulbs, and flowers for outdoor planting and indoor decorating.
- Madison Flower Shop remains open and is offering storefront pick-up as well as delivery. Shrubs and perennials, garden herbs, and lawn care products are all available.
- Madison Earth Care is open for curbside pick-up and offers propane refills as well. Delivery is offered for a flat rate fee of $10 and order forms are available on their website.
- Van Wilgen’s Garden Center in North Branford has an expansive selection of indoor and outdoor plants as well as vegetables available for both curbside pick-up or delivery.
- Riggio’s Garden Center is Essex is allowing for in-person shopping in addition to offering curbside pick-ups and delivery. As an added feature the team at Riggio’s is also offering the delivery of “Happy Bags” for the kiddos!
Ideas for Virtual Gatherings
- Virtual Happy Hour with friends
- Virtual Family Dinner
- Virtual Wine Tasting – have everyone in your group purchase the same bottles and share your tasting notes over ZOOM, WhatsApp, Skype, etc.
- Arrange a parade of vehicles to celebrate a birthday or other milestone
- Have a special skill or talent? Arrange a class for friends and family via Facebook Live.
- Hollywood At Home hosted by The Dressing Room Boutique on their Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube channels beginning at 6pm. Grab a beverage and sit down to see the upcoming seasonal trends and view new arrivals!
- Learn to Prune with Nancy of Nature Works Organic Garden Center via webinar from 10am-12pm. Learn the basics of pruning and whip your garden into shape as we move into Spring!