This week’s Social Distancing Report is all about Mom. You have just over a week to get your shopping done and what better way to do it than by supporting your local businesses! Many retailers are allowing for curbside pick-up as an alternative to shipping, so no need to worry about your gift arriving on time. As a special treat I’ve partnered with a few businesses from our local communities and have put together a beautiful gift basket to be raffled off next Friday, May 8th. Follow along on my Facebook and Instagram accounts for all of the details and the big reveal! Find even more ideas for mom by taking a peek below.
Mother’s Day Giveaway Partners
- The Wine Thief
- Walker Loden
- Letter Me Happy
- Maggie’s of Madison
- You, Me & The Sea
- Madison Coffee House
- The Cutting Page
- Sweets on Main
- Mar Floral
- Petite Pilates
- Heron Springs Apiary
Saturday, May 3rd
- Take a virtual stroll down Madison’s main street from 12-4pm and shop with your favorite local merchants! Participating shops are offering same day delivery and curbside pick-up as you shop their social media pages, webpages, and store front windows. Place your orders online or by phone and you’ll be sure to find the perfect gifts for all of the beautiful ladies in you life! Follow along with the Shop Madison CT Facebook page for all of the latest updates.
A few of my local favorites!
As you’re trying to plan the perfect give for mom allow me to point you in the direction of a few more of my local favorites. These are some of my tried and true for both gifting (and receiving – wink wink!).
- Blackkat Leather in Chester is one of my absolute favorites! Drew is an amazing designer and craftsman. Each piece is individually created by hand and everything has the most classic style. From purses and travel bags to home and pet accessories his shop has beautifully crafted items to fit every person’s style!
- Aquinnah Jewelry based in Killingworth is fully operational for online shopping! Kelley has a beautiful selection of classic and contemporary designs made for everyday wear. Each piece available through her online shop is made to order. Like a design but hoping for a different color or length? Just let Kelley know and she’ll be happy to personalize! Custom designs are another option. Collaborate for the perfect piece!
- Hen & Heifer in Guilford is heaven in a pastry shop. You must not leave without taking at least one of their salted caramel toffee cookies with you and don’t even get me started on the cream puffs! Even without being able to go on vacation you’ll feel as if you’ve been transported to the most quaint of pâtisserie. Mom will most certainly appreciate this decadance! Order ahead through their website for curbside pick-up and follow along on Facebook for the most delicious pictures and daily offerings.
- Willow & Birch in Madison is one of the most beautifully curated gift shops! They carry a lovely selection of home decor, jewelry, and accessories. Several prints from Barloga Studios and pieces of Simon Pearce glassware may have found their way home with me over the years…
- We all know that mom is not interested in cooking or cleaning up the kitchen on Mother’s Day…treat her to a meal out while dining in or turn it into a picnic if the weather is favorable! Is brunch mom’s style? You can never go wrong with Hidden Kitchen Route 80 in North Branford (re-opening for curbside on May 7th), Cristy’s in Madison, or by ordering the Mother’s Day Brunch at Home from The Tea Kettle in Old Saybrook! Or, maybe mom wants to sleep in and dinner would be her choice. The delicious handmade pasta from Grano Arso in Chester or an entreé paired with a mason jar cocktail from Chapter One in Guilford would certainly hit the spot! Two of my favorite go-to date night spots.