Live music is the theme of this week’s Social Distancing report! Restaurants have a week of outdoor dining under their belts since being allowed to re-open for dine-in customers and many are inviting musicians to provide entertainment out on their patios. Ah! How great to be outdoors now that the weather is warming and to feel a little closer to “normal!” And as we’re eating outdoors we’re also doing more shopping outdoors. Summer is quickly approaching and we’re seeing more farmer’s markets return to the scene. Be sure to follow closely though because some have moved locations or changed shopping procedures. Enjoy the rest of your week and be sure to check back next week for the latest and greatest on Shoreline activities!
Tuesday, May 26th
- It’s kick-off day for the Daniel Hand High School Shoe Collection fundraiser sponsored by the Hand Music Boosters! Have you been busy cleaning out closets during quarantine? If so, drop those gently worn shoes, in all sizes, off at the high school and you’ll be helping to support the DHHS music programs. This fundraiser will run until June 9th.
Wednesday, May 27th
- Youth Trivia Night hosted by the Madison Arts Barn from 7-8pm. Registration closes at 6pm. Best suited for kids ages 8-18.
- Guilford History Scavenger Hunt hosted by the Guilford Free Library is an ongoing event created by local historians to get people of all ages out for a little educational exploration! School aged children can opt to complete the scavenger hunt quiz by June 15th and be entered to win a prize.
Thursday, May 28th
- The Durham Farmer’s Market will be taking place on the Durham Green from 3-6pm.
- Sweet Polly will be playing live at Shank’s in Clinton from 6-8pm. Enjoy a little music with your outdoor dining!
Friday, May 29th
- The Madison Farmer’s Market will be taking place from 3-6pm at Salt Meadow Park. The market is currently for pre-orders only and operates in a drive-thru fashion. Next week the market plans to return to it’s normal location on the Green.
- FREE Live Virtual Baking Class hosted by Mary’s Culinary Classes from 4-4:30pm. Check out the event page for your supply list and prepare your weekend treat!
Saturday, May 30th
- Latin Nite Take-out Menu available at Madison Coffee House! Begin placing orders on Friday, 5/29 for pick-up on the 30th from 5-8pm. Be sure to get your orders in early because this popular event sold out when it was last heard 2 weeks ago!
- Adult Trivia Night hosted by the Madison Arts Barn from 9-10pm. Event registration closes at 7:30pm.
- Dave Lefkin will be playing live at The James Madison House in Madison from 4-8pm.
Sunday, May 31
- Listen to live music by Rob Glassman Band at Pa’s Place in Guilford from 3-5pm.
- Re-scheduled Mother’s Day is taking place at Shank’s in Clinton from 11am-8pm. Come on down and enjoy live music by Tony Genovese from 2-5pm, a free mimosa for mom, and as always they are BYOB!
- Crafter’s Club – Floral Door Bouquet class hosted by Costal Creations of Clinton from 2-4pm. Tickets can be purchased through the Facebook event page.