The time has come for the first phase of re-opening to begin! Patio seating is available at some of your favorite dining spots and our local retailers are re-opening for in-store shopping. As we’re all beginning to reintroduce ourselves to the community one of the most import things we can do is remember to be kind. We are all learning to navigate this new world we’re living in and if we stick together and move forward with patience and grace I believe we’ll have many more good days ahead!
Wednesday, May 20th
- Outdoor dining re-opens at many of our favorite restaurants! A few favorites amongst our team are: Grano Arso and Brushmill By The Waterfall in Chester, Shanks and Rocky’s Aqua in Clinton, Brother Mike’s and M&J Beach Grille in Madison, Bill’s Seafood in Westbrook, The Blue Hound Cookery in Ivoryton, and Chapter One in Guilford.
- Virtual Youth BINGO Night with DJ Bry hosted by the Madison Arts Barn from 7-8pm. Sign-up by 6:30pm to receive your BINGO card and then sit back and relax while your kids enjoy their game!
Thursday, May 21st
- The Durham Farmer’s Market is taking place on the Durham Green from 3:00-6:30pm.
- Back at it will be playing at Shanks in Clinton beginning at 6pm. Come on down and enjoy a little socially distant fun!
Friday, May 22nd
- The Madison Farmer’s Market is back and in a new location! This year’s market is taking on a different format with drive-thru pick-up at Salt Meadow Park for orders that are placed in advance online. Find all of the info on participating farms and ordering instructions here.
- Chris Marra is playing live on the patio at Scotch Plains Tavern in Essex from 7-10pm
Saturday, May 23rd
- FREE Virtual Cooking Class hosted by Mary’s Culinary Classes! Join in from 2:00-2:30pm as Mary instructs on how to prepare Pablano Chicken Enchiladas. Yum!
- Java Groove will be playing live at the Saybrook Point Inn from 4-7pm. Enjoy this outdoor performance as you easy out of isolation!
- Brian May is playing live on the patio at Scotch Plains Tavern in Essex from 7-10pm.