Mother’s Day is just a few days away and there’s still time to get gifts purchased and plans made for mom! Many of our local restaurants are offering special menus and garden centers have been stocking up in preparation for the warmer days ahead. We’ve also found a few other fun happenings for the week if you’re looking to change up your routine!
Mother’s Day Menus
- Hen & Heifer in Guilford is offering the most delicious Mother’s Day Breakfast kit! Order online for pick-up on Saturday, May 9th.
- Chef Paul Barron in Madison is offering Mother’s Day Brunch for pick-up with reheating instructions included. Order by Thursday, May7th and pick-up on Saturday, May 9th.
- What’s Cookin’ in Madison is offering a build-you-own style Mother’s Day menu with a variety of quiche, salads, and pastry items. Place your order by Thursday, May 7th and pick-up on Saturday, May 9th.
- Amarone in Guilford is offering a Mother’s Day dinner fit for a queen! Available both Saturday, May 9th and Sunday, May 10th. Orders are to be placed the day prior to pick-up.
- Nataz in North Branford, Clinton, and Southington is offering their Mother’s Day Menu with special pricing. Only $12 per entrée per person! Orders will be accepted until 6pm on Saturday, May 9th. Pick up will be May 10, 12:00-3:00 in North Branford and 1:00-2:00 in Clinton and Southington. Please specify the location and pay upon ordering. Don’t forget to write down your order number!
Flowers for Mom
- Van Wilgen’s Garden Center in North Branford has the cutest Take-and-Make kits to put together your own front porch planter. For just $24.99 you’ll receive a planter pot, soil, and geraniums, vinca vine and diamond frost for planting.
- Madison Earth Care just received a new delivery of the Beds & Borders Collection. Beautiful containers, hanging baskets, and pre-assembled crates that are gift ready and perfect for putting together your own porch planters or window boxes for mom.
Thursday, May 7th
- Join in on Guilford’s Sit, Sip, and Shop from 6-8pm and virtually interact with local shop owners. A great opportunity to pick up those Mother’s Day gifts!
Saturday, May 9th
- The Durham Farmer’s Market will take place from 10am – 1pm on the Durham Town Green
- Spring Bird Walk at Hammonasset State Park hosted by the Audubon Shop in Madison. Meet at the shop’s parking lot at 7:50am before heading over to the park to view springtime migration!
- Adult Trivia Night hosted by the Madison Arts Barn from 9-10pm. Be sure to register by 7;30pm in order to receive your link to this fun event!