Fall is the perfect time to visit our local vineyards and wineries. The weather is cooling off and makes enjoying a picnic at one of our local establishments the perfect Fall afternoon treat!
Nearly all wineries and vineyards are re-open for business, but be sure to check their websites before venturing out. You will find social interaction safeguards in place to ensure the health and safety of guests and employees.
Feel like venturing a little further? Be sure to check out the Connecticut Wine Trail to find more wineries and vineyards throughout the state!
New Haven County
- Bishop’s Orchards Winery (Guilford) – Producing more than 11 different varieties of wine and hard apple cider. The starting point for each wine is Bishop’s own apples, raspberries, peaches, pears, strawberries, and blueberries. Open year round.
- Gouveia (Wallingford) – Offering 15 wines and 360 degree panoramic views of lush woodland, open fields and over 22 acres of pristine vineyards. Bring your picnic, family, and friends to enjoy and relax amidst the the beautiful surroundings.
- Rose Vineyards (North Branford) – Newly opened with 9 wines to choose from. This is a place that likes to have fun and you can often find pizza nights, live music, and paint nights on their schedule of events.
- Paradise Hills Vineyard & Winery (Wallingford) – Be sure to check out the events page as live music is often scheduled for the weekends!
- Rosabianca Vineyards ( Northford) – 15 wines to choose from and a food truck scheduled for every weekend through the end of October. What more could you ask for?
- Chamard Vineyards (Clinton) – A visit to this chateau inspired winery is as much about the gorgeous views as it is about their delicious wines. Take in views of the property’s fountain and pristine vineyards while enjoying a tasting which includes samples of 5 wines and a Reidel glass that is your’s to keep. Each tasting is $10.00 per person. Chamard can accommodate parties of up to 10 people without a reservation. Don’t forget to keep their Bistro in mind for date night as well!