I’ve seen these questions floating around the local community Facebook groups lately…”Where’s a good place to buy produce locally?” and “Does anyone have a recommendation for a local farm to make my meat purchase from?” Well, I knew that farm market season was soon to be opening, but wondered what the options were for when market season ends. Thank goodness for the power of Google! Some of these finds were familiar due to their presence at the local farm markets, but others were new to me and I look forward to taking a “Sunday drive” to check them out! Do you have a favorite that I’ve missed? Be sure to leave a comment so we can add new finds to our list!
- Lakeside Farm Stand offers a selection of meat, produce, and ice cream. Be sure to check out their Grill Boxes!
- Bishops Orchards is a full service farm market and pick-your-own farm. Online ordering is available for farm market orders.
- Gozzi Turkey Farm is open Nov 1st – Dec 24th for live, fresh, or frozen turkey.
- Half Mile Acres offers USDA certified beef and farm fresh eggs. Orders can be placed for quarters, halves, and whole sides of beef.
- Barberry Hill Farm offers a road-side farm stand in addition to their CSA program. Pick up your veggies, herbs, and flowers!
- Indian River Shellfish offers Saturday dockside pick-up of oysters, clams, and lobsters. Be sure to check them out online for info on pre-ordering.
- Cole’s Farms and Greenhouses offers a selection of season produce, plants, and annuals
- Field House Farm offers a varied selection of meat, dairy, produce, and natural fiber. Be sure to follow them on Facebook to stay up-to-date on weekly selection.
- Bitta-Blue Farm offers organic veggies, pickles, jams, eggs, and Alpine dairy goats!
- Chatfield Hollow Farm uses the traditional Japanese method of small-scale forest mushroom cultivation to produce their edible and medicinal mushrooms. You can also find ginseng, an assortment of garden vegetables, and ornamental evergreens.
- Down the Lane Farm specializes in all things honey!
- Starlight Gardens is a certified organic farm with produce available for pre-order to be picked up at local farm markets or drive by and shop from the stand.
- Deerfield Farm offers poultry, veal, and assorted dairy milk products.
- JC Farm offers a variety of fruits and veggies available to curbside pick-up or head on in and shop around.
- Four Root Farm if offering convenient pre-ordering and delivery options to select ares!
- Maple Breeze Farm offers pork and beef products as well as maple syrup
- Four Mile River Farm offers a wide selection of pasture raised beef and eggs, dry aged beef, pork products.