The seasons are changing and it’s time to catch up on those home maintenance tasks that may have been pushed to the back burner as we enjoyed summer trips to the beach and BBQs. Fall is the time to close out summer and make preparations for the winter months ahead. But it’s not all work! Take this time to enjoy the beauty of Fall by sprucing up your front entry with the warm colors of mums, pumpkins, and a fresh fall themed wreath.
To – Dos:
- Flush hot water heater and remove sediment
- Prepare furnace for winter
- Clean garbage disposal
- Test CO2 and smoke detectors
- Clean microwave, oven, and range hood filters
- Inspect roof for loose, damaged, or missing shingles. Take note of possible leaks from indoors.
- Power wash windows and siding
- Winterize A/C system
- Inspect weatherstripping on windows and doors
- Apple fertilizer to lawn
- Re-seed the lawn
- Clean and unclog drain holes
- Spruce up your porch flower pots with mums and other fall inspired decor